Wednesday 23 August 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 23-8-2017

Why can’t pop bands be pop bands?

Hmm … ?

I have NO idea … !

I DO know that personal faves, the KLF are up to something.

Last night?

Marked twenty-three years since the notorious night they burnt a million pounds on the Isle of Jura.

 People didn’t know why, then.

People still don’t know why, now.

And, after an event, last night, where the band released a new book, last night?


People STILL don’t know why!

Which is handily surprising.

This is the band that, instead of going to the Brits aftershow party in 1992 — where they won Best British Band — left a dead sheep, there.

Then deleted their complete back catalogue.

What the f°ck is going on … ?

How on Earth should I know?



~≈∑≈~

Let’s move over, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 23rd August is the feast day of Saint Tydfil.   She’s the patron saint of which Welsh town?
Q2) 23rd August, 1989, saw the death of R. D. Laing.   Laing was a noted what: psychiatrist, neurosurgeon or oncologist?
Q3) 23rd August, 1949, saw the birth of Shelley Long.   In which film did she play Carol Brady?
Q4) 23rd August, 1990, saw East and West Germany announce their upcoming unification.   On 3rd October of which year?
Q5) Finally … Michael Gregsten was killed, and Valerie Storey, injured, after being shot on the A6: on 23rd August, 1961.   Who was eventually convicted of the crimes?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 22nd August, 1485, saw the death of Richard 3rd.   At which battle?
Q2) More to the point, that battle is generally considered the last in which War?
Q3) The Battle took place in what’s now which English county?
Q4) Richard the 3rd was the last king of which house: York, Tudor or Stewart?
A4) The York.
Q5) Finally … the Battle was won by forces led by Henry, 2nd Earl of Richmond.   He became which English king, as a result of the Battle?
A5) Henry 7th.
Here’s a song from Sky Blu … 


Here’s a thought …
“I told people I was a drummer before I even had a set, I was a mental drummer.”
Keith Moon, 23 August 1946 – 7 September 1978.
Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day …  



*        Well, I don’t know what happened, there, Olga: I’m certain I didn’t get the email alert Google sends out: and didn’t think to check the Pending Comments section.   What CAN I tell you?   On the Village of the Damned front?   The film’s great: but the original novel, The Midwich Cuckoos?   Is arguably Wyndham’s best.   (As for the terror situation … ?   Boy, there’s a lot I could say … but can only be grateful recent vehicle attacks could well have been worse … !)

†         Sounds like an interesting trip, Trevor: have you managed to visit his tomb in Leicester Cathedral?

‡        It’s a pain, isn’t it, Debbi?   I know it’s on the UK branch of iTunes: but not necessarily the US one!   Pain in the bum, that.   (Oh, I can only repeat what I’ve said to Olga: The Midwich Cuckoos?   Is arguably Wyndham’s best.)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Merthyr Tydfil (fabulous name!)
Q2) Psychiatrist. I wonder about the movie. There was supposed to be a movie about him last summer, Mad to Be Normal with David Tennant as Laing. I probably wasn’t here at the time but didn’t see it advertised anywhere. Elisabeth Moss and Michael Gambon too.
Q3) The Brady Bunch Movie
Q4) 1990
Q5) James Hanratty
Oh well, no matter. I got my Kindle so full of recent books that I have promised to read I don't know when I'll have time to read some oldies, but I'll try and make time for it. It sounds like the type of book I really like.

Debbi said...

Cool. I've heard of it.

1. Merthyr Tydfil (these Welsh names! :))
2. psychiatrist
3. The Brady Bunch Movie
4. 1990
5. James Hanratty