Thursday 26 October 2017

Life: That’ll Do …

25th October, 2017.

You know, I was due to go into work, today.

Was, notice.

But I’m feeling annoyed, as my traitorous guts?   Decided to have an attack.

I’ve got Irritable Bowel Syndrome: and boy, it’s irritating!

Especially when it causes me to lose a days pay.

But at least I’ve figured out what’s caused the problem, after chatting with a friend or two, via Facebook Messenger service.

Yep.

Last night’s baked potato.

I’d put too much oil on the blessed thing!

~≈Ÿ≈~

So, there’s a downside.

There’s ALSO a couple of upsides.

For a start, I mentioned I managed to lose the arm of my glasses, the other day?

I did.

Well, I managed to haul my decaying carcass up to Brentwood High Street, once the stomach cramps had stopped*.

And managed to have a word with my opticians about it.

They’re going to replace the things: at — thankfully — no extra cost.

AND … ?

I managed to catch a movie.


I don’t know if Life’s too short, a bitch or a four letter word.

But the film?   Is decent enough.

~≈Ê≈~

Life opens: by showing us the Pilgrim probe returning from Mars, and heading for the International Space Station: only to be damaged going through the Asteroid Belt.

The probe is successfully retrieved by Flight Engineer, Rory Adams, (Ryan Reynolds), with the soil samples being studied by exobiologist, Hugh Derry (Ariyon Bakare.)

Hugh?   Finds a single cell buried in on sample.

That responds well to a change in atmosphere, AND added glucose.

The only issue … ?

Is that it starts growing.

And, inevitably?

Biting the hand that feeds it … 

~≈Ê≈~

Now … 

Decent … ?

Good … ?

Bad … ?

Or indifferent … ?

Personally?   I’m inclined to say good, actually.

I don’t think Life is the greatest science fiction horror film ever made.

I think that distinction goes to Alien: or, quite possibly to Event Horizon.

But Life is a perfectly acceptable little film movie: that had me on the edge of my seat, had a cast of sympathetic characters and an ending that is both simultaneously telegraphic a few minutes ahead of time … 

And suspenseful.

Personally?

I enjoyed Life.

I think you will, too.
Life.
★★☆☆




*        A glass of milk, a dose of Mebeverine, and a lie-down helped. 

No comments: