Saturday 24 February 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 24th February, 2018

24th February, 2018.


Yep … 

I can officially say I’ve got as couple of things to offer you, as thoughts.

Or maybe more.

For starters?   I literally had to take the day off, yesterday.

I don’t think ‘Rough’ even starts … 

At ANY rate … ?

I DID manage to get myself a new phone: I’m still waiting for the number to transfer to a new SIM card.

I ALSO am very aware that, in the run-up to the transfer?   I’d got a call with a withheld answer: which I — in a brief moment of technopanic — answered.

Apparently, it was a woman call Augustine.

I don’t know who she was, but I put the phone down.

Still, to this day, wondering what happened, there.

The fact that, in all that … ?

The fact I managed to catch an episode of Mr Robot had nothing to do with it.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mr Strict*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Mr S and Olga scoring five out of five, and Debbi bagging four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) The first female MP to make a speech in the House of Commons, did so on 24th February, 1920.   Who was she?
Q2) 24th February, 1413, saw the birth Louis 1st, Duke of Savoy.   The Duchy of Savoy is in what’s now three modern European countries: France, Switzerland and where else?
Q3) 24th February, 1955, saw which country hit by a big freeze?
Q4) Which country launched its fourth spy satellite: on 24th February, 2007?
Q5) Finally … 24th February, 1983, saw the government of the USA condemn the US’s historical internment of whom, during WW2: German Americans, Italian Americans or Japanese Americans?
Here’s yesterday’s questions answers … 

Q1) 23rd February, 532AD saw building start on the Hagia Sophia church.   Strictly speaking?   It’s which ‘B’
A1) A basilica.
Q2) Which Byzantine Emperor ordered it built: Justin 1st, Justinian 1st or Justin 2nd?
Q3) It’s in what WAS Constantinople: but is now … ?
A3) Istanbul.
Q4) The name, Hagia Sophia, means holy … what?
A4) Wisdom.
Q5) Finally … the Hagia Sophia has been a church, and a mosque, and is now a … what?
A5) Museum.
Here’s a thought …
“Children accept many things adults will not accept, since the world of a child is a constant revelation without any need for knowledge of cause and effect.”
August Derleth, February 24, 1909 – July 4, 1971.
And a tune … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a nice day … 




*        Morning, Mr S … !

†        I know what you mean, Olga: I had to take the day off, yesterday, I was that rough.   Still, at least I caught an episode of Mr Robot.   Oh, if you visit Portmeirion, mind posting a few shots?   I‘ve never actually been … !


‡        Oh, yes, Marina could through wobblies, Debbi!   Especially when it comes to accents … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Nancy Astor
Q2) Italy
Q3) The UK
Q4) Japan
Q5) Japanese American
Sorry to hear about it, but I am sure it will do you good to stay at home (even if only for a day). I'm going to Llandeilo that's where my friend's house is, although I've visited other bits of Wales before (but never been to Portmeirion). Must check if there is any way to go back through it (even if there is a detour), that is if the weather is a bit better (it seems there will be snow and it will remain bitterly cold next week).
Take care.

Debbi said...

Interesting. I'll have to watch your video about Portmeirion, of course! :)

1. Nancy Astor
2. Italy
3. the UK
4. Japan
5. Japanese Americans