Sunday 18 March 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 18th March, 2018

18th March, 2018.


I think we can definitely say I’ve got the day off, today: and tomorrow.

And, while I’d get serious extra pay for doing extra hours — double time, plus work’s recently invented Snow Bonus* — I really don’t like the look of that trip.

Plus?

I’ve got stuff I need to do, here at home.

As I told my boss, yesterday?

“No-one else is going to wash my pants …”

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 18th March, 1608, saw Susenyos crowned as Emperor of where?
Q2) Like many emperors of that country, Susenyos claimed to be descended from which Biblical figure?
Q3) The Torrey Canyon ran aground: on 18th March of which year?
Q4) It ran aground between Land’s End … and where: the Isle of Mann, the Isle of Wight or the Scillies?
Q5) 18th March, 1950, saw the birth of actor, Brad Dourif.   Which character did he play, in the David Lynch version of Dune?
Q6) Finally … ?   In a referendum on 18th March, 1992, the voters of South Africa voted to end what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 17th March is Saint Patrick’s Day.   The day is the traditional day of the saint’s what: birth or death?
A1) Death.
Q2) He’s traditionally seen as protection against what: frogs, toads or snakes?
A2) Snakes.
Q3) He’s the patron saint of Ireland: and the capital of Massachusetts.   What IS that capital?
A3) Boston.
Q4) There’s a lorica named after the saint: called Saint Patrick’s Breastplate.   A lorica is a prayer of what: adoration, protection or listening?
Q5) Finally … The saint has a shade of colour named for him: which colour?
A5) Believe it or not, blue.
Here’s a thought …
“I think we have the wrong notion of commercial and intellectual or artistic film. Because all films are commercial.”
Luc Besson, born 18 March 1959.
And a tune … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Basically, it’s a bonus work’s been paying us: if we get in, in the bad weather.

†        It’s all good, Olga.   At least, I hope so!   And I know what you mean about the snow: ours hit about ten minutes after I did yesterday’s intro.   I ALSO think I’m with you: staying in is appealing, but I BET I get cabin fever!   (I know, you’d THINK green, wouldn’t you?   But there you go …)

‡        It’s Peppermint Patty’s Day as well, Debbi?   I’ve got my glasses on: it means I’ll be following you around and calling you Sir! :D.  (Thought the Bessoc quote mite interest you, Debbi.   He’s got a new film out, called Valerian.   I keep thinking it, and Fifth Element,  are influenced by the old French SF magazine, Métal Hurlant.)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Ethiopia
Q2) Solomon
Q3) 1967
Q4) the Scillies
Q5) Piter De Vries
Q6) Apartheid
I did go out. Although I got some snow, I missed the heavier snowfalls before and after I went out. I'll try and go out again in a bit although here it is a bit risky (many of the streets are not big enough for gritters and my house is up a steep hill, so it can get tricky). I've book a haircut for tomorrow (so I'll have to go out again)and need some cash... Take care!

Debbi said...

Didn't know that about Peppermint Patty. That she had a day, that is. :)

1. Ethiopia
2. Solomon
3. 1967
4. the Scillies
5. Piter De Vries
6. apartheid