Tuesday 24 March 2009

On the Other Hand …


You know, I was thinking, earlier, of writing – and then posting – the April Fool’s Day table round.   But I might just give myself another week, on that; – for starter’s, I still don’t know what’ll happen, on Thursday.

I’m obviously still hoping to have a gig.   Thursday, 8•30pm.   Hopefully, I’ll see you there.

But let’s move on, shall we.

The simple fact of a table round being got me thinking that I should do a table round tied into the date it’s on.   In this case, this one’s going to be on the 26th of March.

So, with that in mind, here’s the questions.

Q1) 1797 saw the death of James Hutton; – was he a geologist, a physicist, or a chemist?


Q2) Actress Sarah Bernhart died on this day in 1923; – which European country was she from?


Q3) 26th March, 2006 saw what ban come into force, in Scotland?


Q4) The 26th also saw the celebration of which Roman Catholic saint; – St Emmanuel, Saint Ludger, or Saint Margaret Clitheroe?


Q5) 26th March, 1964 saw the birth of guitarist Baz Warne; – which British punk band was he a member of?


Q6) This same day in in 1948 saw the birth of actress, Liv Tyler’s dad; – which American rock band was he the singer for?


Q7) The first Henley Regatta was held in which year; – 1839, 1840, or 1841?


Q8) 26th March 1484 saw William Caxton print which book; – the Bible, Æsop’s Fables, or Plato’s Republic?


Q9) Which Christian Denomination published their Holy book, in 1830; – the Mormons, the Christian Scientists, or the Jehovah’s Witnesses?


Q10) In 1976, the Queen sent the first royal … what?


I’ll post up the answer’s, Thursday night, after the quiz, itself.

Of course, you could get them early …

2 comments:

trev-v said...

Caxton must have been a very old man in 1884. i think the date you need is 1484.

Nik Nak said...

OOOPS!
Cheers, Trevor, I’ll get that changed, now …